Social and Enterprise Development Innovations (SEDI): Economic Development Research and Evaluation
Social and Enterprise Development Innovations (SEDI) is a leader in self-employment training development.
Eko Nomos has worked on the following components of SEDI’s mandate:
- Ontario Self-Employment Developers Association (OSEDA): Co-facilitated a capacity- building program for social service agencies interested in delivering self-employment training.
- Rural Enterprise Development Initiative (REDI) in cooperation with Women and Rural Economic Development (WRED): Designed, implemented and managed a four-site self-employment training program for rural women.
- Social Purpose Enterprise Monitoring, JobsOntario Training and SEDI: Over 30 self-employment programs and community businesses across Ontario were monitored and provided with technical assistance on a quarterly basis.
- Women’s Self-Employment Training Program: Provided train-the-trainer services in program facilitation and evaluation techniques.
- Individual Development Accounts (IDA) Programs, Toronto: IDA’s are used to assist low income citizens to save for education, training or housing. Canada sponsored the world’s largest national demonstration project of IDAs for training and education. Eko Nomos worked on three projects focussing on the research, design and implementation of that demonstration project.